Reorganized School District No. 7
Stansberry Leadership Center
Office of Elementary Education
Elementary Intra District Transfer Information and Guidelines
Dear Parent or Guardian:
The majority of elementary students in the Lee’s Summit R-7 School District attend the school within their home attendance area. However, there are reasons families may request to transfer their child to another school. The guidelines related to Board Policy JCB should be considered at the time of submission of an R-7 Elementary School Intradistrict Transfer and for these reasons only may be approved.
- It will be necessary to close school buildings to transfers where staffing, grade level, and/or student enrollment factors meet or exceed capacity. As a result of continued student growth, Mason Elementary and Summit Pointe Elementary are currently closed to all new transfers for the 2018-19 school year.
- If approved, transportation to and from school is the responsibility of the parent/guardian. Punctual and regular attendance is expected.
- Absences that meet or exceed 15 days in a semester or 20 accumulated absences in a school year will result in the student’s transfer status being revoked.
- Occurrences of late arrivals, early departures and/or late pick-ups that meet or exceed 15 in a semester will result in the student’s transfer status being revoked.
- If a student’s transfer is revoked due to absences, the student will remain at the school of transfer through the end of the current semester, at which time he/she will return to the school of residence.
- Once a transfer has been revoked, the student will be expected to attend his/her school of residence for the duration of his/her elementary school enrollment.
- Principal discretion may be used to determine if revoking a transfer and subsequent return to the school of residence will not be enforced due to extenuating circumstances, including but not limited to, death in the family, long-term medically-documented illness, etc.
- If approved, transfers will be granted for one school calendar year at a time.
- Parent(s)/guardian(s) must make requests for transfer each year for each student for whom an intradistrict transfer is sought.
- Building administrative signatures must be obtained prior to consideration/decision from the Assistant Superintendent of Elementary Instruction.
- Parent(s)/guardian(s) will be notified of the decision via U.S. mail.
- At the conclusion of the sixth grade year, a student will be expected to return to his/her home school of attendance for middle school or refer to Board Policy JCB-AP1 for a secondary transfer.
|Incoming Kindergarten Students||Current Elementary Students|
|May be accepted and processed beginning March 27th through the last day of school.||If received at the elementary building by February 9th, requests will be processed the 4th week of February.|
|If received after the last day of school, requests will be processed after August 1st and prior to the first day of school.||If received at the elementary building after February 9th, requests will be processed after August 1st and prior to the first day of school.|
Families seeking a transfer must submit their request via the completed 2018-19 R-7 Elementary School Intradistrict Transfer Request Form with the required supporting documentation. Transfer requests for currently enrolled students received after February 9th will be held and processed after August 1st and prior to the first day of school.
If you have questions please call your school or this office.
Dr. Jennifer Kephart